15/09/2015

Leeds Children's Hospital: Liver book

After completing the Kidney Book for Leeds Children's Hospital, they have asked me if I could illustrate a second book for the hospital, this one being one about having a Liver transplant. They are also planning to have a launch for the book and are in the process of looking for a date to promote them. I thought this would make a challenging project to undertake in Level 6 and it would be an interesting experience to try and continue on what I have already previously done but expanding on it. Since the target audience is children, I also I feel that this project would be beneficial to me. I have already thought of ways that I could expand the brief:

Expand product range:
  • Bookmarks
  • Children's apparels 
  • Soft toys (e.g teddy that's mentioned in the book)
  • Colouring/Activity books for kids who have just had their operation to keep them from being bored whilst recovering.
  • Educational books for kids - about different organs and what they do
  • Healthy Living packs for kids/tips for parents: could include fun challenges etc. to help kids (and adults) to live an active lifestyle; promote healthy living.

Since the hospital wants a launch party for the books I also thought about smaller, easier products that I could produce to help promote the launch/books:
  • Posters
  • Stickers
  • Badges
  • Screen printed tote bags

No comments:

Post a Comment