25/04/2016

Author/Artist Ref

It's been a while since I've done anything for my FMP (which is so bad, I know I'm sorry) and I feel like I've lost a tiny bit of motivation with it. To try and resurrect my enthusiasm, I decided to look for some inspiration in some of the animal based children's books that I have in my possession. These two are my favourites right at this moment  in terms of their story and illustrations:


After turning to these books, I feel that I need to push the character design more the animals more because I don't feel like my sketches so far show as much of the playful vibe/as stylised as the actual human characters are. I actually want to have a chat with Jim Field because I actually adore this animal illustrations! so much life and character! I need to get my story sorted out real soon too! - I'm not going to be changing my story too much from the original that I've posted a while ago - just gonna keep it simple and only add a few bit and pieces in it (because I believe this is the wisest thing to do for the time I have left).


For the typography, I really love the mixture of readymade and handwritten type like how it is in The Lion Inside. I quite like how the handwritten type is used to emphasise some of the words, looks more fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment